HomeEtsyRetail StudioCalendarShows

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Closed the Computer

Well, I finally closed my laptop and took the dogs and I for a walk.  It was another beautiful day here in Mammoth Lakes, CA. I just kept checking one more thing and before I knew it, it was noon!  I had changed out of my pj's and cleaned up a bit however.  My grand kids are here with us but right now they are in love with our  neighbors who have two boys, 8 and 4.  I think they like their parents too!  They built a Tepee today. So no wonder they didn't want to go on a walk with me and the dogs! 
Nefret and the Tepee
We did go to Panum Crater yesterday. This area has lots of craters to explore. We were on the hunt for more obsidian.  We found huge rocks of it.  Unfortunately, there was a sign that said no collecting. I didn't actually see it so when the girls showed me what they collected I didn't know they were breaking a rule.  But the rocks are happy now in our obsidian garden at the cabin. 
Mono Lake from Panum Crater.

Grandma and Nefret

Cool Juniper on a large obsidian rock.

Nefret and Juni (Nefret has on a jean vest we got for $4 at the local thrift store)
Piece of Obsidian
Tomorrow we drive back to San Diego.  I have more beads to make for the bead bazaar coming up Aug. 4th and 5th.  For more info on the bead bazaar click here

I made some fun earrings and a couple of necklaces this week. I will post some photos later this week. I am excited to show them to you so I hope you can make it to the San Diego Bead Society Annual Bead Bazaar.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for stopping!  Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting! I appreciate it! Jan